- This event has passed.
Diploma in Business (Governance) BSB50715
October 28, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm$4495
The Diploma of Business (Governance) – BSB50715 is a five-day course designed specifically for not-for-profit board/committee members, and the staff (CEOs and senior staff) who work alongside them.
Melbourne dates: Oct 28, Oct 29, Oct 30, Nov 25 and Nov 26.
Both prospective and current members of boards are eligible for enrolment, though some deep knowledge of a not-for-profit organisation is highly desirable.
To be accepted for enrolment into this course, you must also:
- Have time to read, prepare and reflect on fundamental governance principles
- Have the ability to attend and actively participate in a total of five days of training (three consecutive days + two consecutive days approximately one month later)
- Commit to completing all competency based assessment within twelve months of face-to-face training (you must complete one unit assessment per month)
- Commit to transferring the knowledge gained to the organisation once the course is completed
If you would like to discuss your eligibility. contact us by emailing email@example.com or call (03) 9320 6800.
Course participants will receive:
- iPad preloaded with materials, plus access to governance support through the Institute of Community Directors Australia website#
- A quality learning environment that provides practical outcomes
- Relevant and challenging case studies drawn from the not-for-profit environment
- Exposure to a diverse range of views and approaches to governance, recognising that one size does not fit all
- A program that provides value for all participants regardless of whether they are completely new to a board or have had longer term involvement and experience
- Post-training contact to assist progression with assessment
- Support beyond the Diploma program through support materials, resources and networking opportunities
* Please note: Students may choose to enrol without receiving an iPad (a recommended learning tool for this course) and their fees will be reduced by $300. Students who elect to bring their own substitute device will be provided with links to download reference materials. Our sustainability policy prevents us from printing copies of these materials.