- This event has passed.
Freedom, autonomy and responsibility: Finding the balance in Catholic education and the law in a global context.
May 22, 2019 - May 24, 2019
This conference seeks to create a forum for legal and educational experts to cast light on the changing situation for Catholic education in legal contexts around the world and forge new paths through real and emerging challenges.
Hear from a range of leading international scholars on contemporary issues in the relationship between religion and the law in the context of Catholic education.
Hosted by Australian Catholic University in collaboration with The Kellogg Institute for International Studies and the Institute for Educational Initiatives, University of Notre Dame (USA); the Congregation for Catholic Education; and the European Association for Education Law and Policy.
- Fr Friedrich Bechina FSO, Undersecretary, Congregation for Catholic Education
- Professor Paolo G. Carozza, Professor of Law and Concurrent Professor of Political Science, University of Notre Dame
- Professor Greg Craven AO, GCSG, Vice-Chancellor and President, Australian Catholic University
- Professor Jan De Groof, President, Global Education Law Forum; President, European Education Law & Policy Association; Professor, Europacollege (Bruges) and Tilburg University
- Professor Nicole Garnett, John P. Murphy Foundation Professor of Law, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame Law School
- Professor Michele Riondino, Professor of Canon Law & Children’s Rights, Australian Catholic University
Date: Wednesday 22 – Friday 24 May 2019
Location: The Peter Cosgrove Centre, Level 18 Tenison Woods House, 8-20 Napier Street, North Sydney, Australia
See further details on the attached flyer. To register your interest and receive a more detailed program please email email@example.com or contact ACU on +61 2 9465 9348.