- This event has passed.
NCSS Introductory Session for Leaders
October 26, 2021 - October 27, 2021
PLEASE NOTE – this training for Church Authorities is an important requirement under the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards (Indicator 5.3.2). If you have undertaken this program already and are new in a leadership role or have moved to a leadership role in a different entity, you will benefit from this updated training. Please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to clarify.
About ACSL’s National Catholic Safeguarding Standards Introductory Session for Leaders:
3 x 90-120 minute modules delivered over two days.
We are currently working on new content for our NCSS Introductory Session for Leaders. This October Leaders session will be an updated version of our training, taking into account the transition from CPSL to ACSL and incorporating new content, which takes into account the new functions of ACSL.
In this training you will:
- be briefed on the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards;
- consider the steps you need to take as a leader to implement your safeguarding vision;
- learn about the tools and resources available to support you to implement the Standards throughout your organisation;
- meet leaders from Catholic entities across Australia who are also implementing the Standards; and
- have the opportunity to ask questions about implementing the Standards.
Who should join this training:
All Church Authorities who have not previously joined this training in 2019, 2020 or 2021:
- Bishops, Archbishops, Eparchs, Ordinaries of dioceses, eparchies and personal prelatures
- Provincials, Leaders, Superiors of religious institutes
- Trustees of Ministerial Public Juridic Persons
Given the diversity of structures and resources within Catholic entities, attendees accompanying a Church Authority may vary from entity to entity. Here are some suggested attendees.
- Safeguarding/Professional Standards Directors/Managers/Coordinators
- Business Managers/Finance Administrators
- Elected members of religious institute leadership team
- Vicars general or other vicars
- Boards of management