- This event has passed.
NCSS Introductory Session for Leaders
August 12, 2020 - August 13, 2020
The NCSS Introductory Session for Leaders is specifically designed for Church Authorities and relevant senior leaders to develop a clear understanding of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding generally, their responsibilities under the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards specifically and the detail and processes of the CPSL audit and reporting framework.
Who should register to attend?
All Church Authorities :
- Bishops, Archbishops, Eparchs, Ordinaries of dioceses, eparchies and personal prelatures.
- Provincials, Leaders, Superiors of religious institutes.
- Trustees of Ministerial Public Juridic Persons.
- Business Managers/Finance administrators/Directors/Managers/Coordinators.
- Safeguarding/Professional Standards.
- Elected members of religious institute leadership team.
- Vicars general or other vicars.
- Boards of management.
How many representatives should attend?
Five registrations are available for every Church Authority
(one for themselves and four other representatives).
The online NCSS Introductory Session for Leaders is made up of three modules, each delivered in part via webinar and in part using video-conferencing so that participants can interact and we can maintain active engagement and provide opportunities for live Q&A. Participation in all three modules will meet the requirements under the NCSS and will result in the issuing of a Certificate of Attendance which you can provide to your entity.
Wednesday 12 August 2020, 9.30am-11.00am AEST – Module One: Introduction, Context and Culture
Wednesday 12 August 2020, 1.00pm –2.30pm AEST – Module Two: Leadership Responsibilities & the NCSS
Thursday 13 August 2020, 9.30am-11.00am AEST – Module Three: Preparing for Audit and Resources/Support