- This event has passed.
Pastoral Supervision workshop
November 19, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
This day is intended for those in leadership: bishops, provincials, trustees, vicars for clergy….
It is offered for those giving priority to Pastoral Supervision in light of the Royal Commission recommendations.
Consistent with Child Safe Standard 5, each religious institution should ensure that all people
in religious or pastoral ministry, including religious leaders, have professional supervision with
a trained professional or pastoral supervisor who has a degree of independence from the
institution within which the person is in ministry.
The Day, through input and discussion, will:
- Clarify precisely what pastoral supervision is and what it is not
- Provide information on where to find pastoral supervisors
- Hear what bodies are offering training and qualifications.
- Hear from church personnel who have already begun to embed a pastoral supervision culture in their church entity.
- Explore how to make this cultural change.
As more details are finalised those who have lodged an expression of interest will be informed.
If you have any questions please contact the NCPS at firstname.lastname@example.org