The Australian Catholic Youth Festival (ACYF) is a national gathering of Catholic young people established by the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference (ACBC). It exists to provide young people with opportunities to deepen their relationship with Jesus, be empowered to be disciples in the world today and encounter and celebrate the vitality of the Church in Australia
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival exists to:
- Provide a high quality formative and experiential opportunity for young Catholics to encounter Jesus Christ, in the context of the Catholic Church in Australia;
- Listen to and discuss the issues and challenges in the lives of young Catholics in Australia;
- Evangelise young people and empower them to be evangelists;
- Provide young people with local examples and connections of vocations, social action, liturgy and prayer, catholic music and catechesis.
Who is the Festival For?
Young people from year 9 (in 2019) to young adults 30 years of age are invited to the event. NB: Young people under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
In order to ensure a safe and secure setting for our target audience the following restrictions apply:
- Group coordinators must be over 18 years of age.
- Young people under the age of 18 cannot register as an individual and must be registered as part of a group and be supervised by a group coordinator.
- Adults over 30 years of age cannot register as a ‘participant’ in the festival. Those aged over 30 years are encouraged to support a group in a leadership role or register their interest as a volunteer.
- Organisations or communities who wish to promote their ministry at the festival must apply and be approved through the expo stallholder’s application process.
- Potential volunteers must express interest with the hosting diocese and meet local and festival requirements (policies) before being appointed an official volunteer.
- Families with children under the nominated age bracket are not able to attend as the festival includes content, which is of a mature nature (e.g. Relationships, justice, etc.)
Only those meeting these criteria will be accepted for registration.