This Safeguarding in International Contexts webinar is designed to help Catholic entities understand the 10 National Catholic Safeguarding Standards and consider how you can apply these Standards to your missions overseas.
Who should join this webinar?
- Anyone with leadership and safeguarding responsibilities for Catholic entities with governance of overseas ministries.
In this webinar you will:
- View a presentation on the international child sexual abuse crisis and global developments in child safeguarding by Fr Hans Zollner, member of the Pontifical Commission for Protection of Minors and President of the Centre for Child Protection at the Gregorian University (filmed by CPSL June 2019).
- Work through key principles of safeguarding in international contexts.
- Explore strategies for applying safeguarding principles in international contexts.
- Receive practical examples of how to implement the Standards in international contexts.
- Explore and discuss the potential to create a community of practice forum for those ministering in overseas contexts.