Both seasoned and emerging Catholic social services leaders need to maintain a strong sense of confidence to best engage in the creative diversity of our sector, so as to meet the challenges of keeping to core purpose in a volatile working environment.
CSSV has designed a four-part learning experience to equip seasoned and emerging leaders as well as expert practitioners with the conceptual tools and approaches they need to deliver social impact and thrive sustainably for the common good.
Mission Inspired Leadership is a Professional Development Program of four online evening workshops and a social event for leaders, board directors and expert practitioners in Catholic social services:
- Engage the Catholic social services ecosystem – to further mission collaboratively
- Connect critical decision-making to organisational purpose – with shared principles
- Explore Catholic social teaching as a creative framework – for services and advocacy
- Discover new ways of delivering social impact – sustainably with integrity
- Build connection with peers – in a social, spiritually enriching shared-learning environment.
The program will be held via videoconference on the 18th August, 8th September, 27th October and 1st December (4-6pm).
Graduates of the learning program experience ongoing mutual support from CSSV and via the relationships built with peers from across the sector.
Session 4 – 1 December 2022: DELIVER SOCIAL IMPACT SUSTAINABILTY – how to thrive together for the common good
- Robyn Miller
- Dr Robyn Miller is a social worker and family therapist with over thirty years’ experience in the community sector, government and child protection. She was a senior clinician and teacher for fourteen years at the Bouverie Family Therapy Centre, La Trobe University, and part of an innovative team working with families who have experienced trauma and sexual abuse. From 2006-15 Robyn provided professional leadership as the Chief Practitioner within the Department of Human Services in Victoria, and has also worked as a consultant with the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. Robyn is currently the CEO of MacKillop Family Services, one of the largest providers of specialist services to vulnerable and disadvantaged children, young people and their families in Victoria, New South Wales, ACT, Western Australia and Northern Territory. Robyn sits on the Board of Catholic Social Services Australia, Australian Catholic Standards Ltd and the Association of Children’s Welfare Agencies in NSW.